I AM an official School Committee member!

Upcoming Events



Upcoming Events:
January 11- School Committee Meeting, 7pm, Doering School
January 24- School Committee Meeting, 7pm, Doering School



Adding Comments

***When adding a comment, please comment as "Name/URL", then please enter your name (URL not needed).***

My Family

My Family

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Gratitude for Donations to the Tag Sale Fundraiser

On Saturday, June 11th, I woke up at 4:30am and it was pouring rain. I thought, "Oh no! What do I do now?" My campaign team and I had spent countless hours planning an event so that I could meet some people in town and raise campaign funds. The day before the tag sale, a willow tree fell across my front lawn in a thunderstorm. But despite the thunderstorm, the fallen tree and the pouring rain on the morning of the event, my team looked at me and said, "Yes, we can do this! We WILL do this!" and we carried on. I'll admit to moments of thinking that we'd be standing alone in the rain wondering why we had not postponted this event. But then the cars began to arrive. As I reflect upon the moments of last week, I realize what a community this town of Agawam is and it became an excellent reminder of how people come together to make things happen. My neighbors gathered to clear the fallen tree. My campaign team was creative and inspiring to work alongside. Friends, neighbors and people who believe in my campaign showed up and supported us, making donations to my campaign. To the many who supported this event, I offer to you my gratitude. During the moments that I was surrounded by the children of this town, I was reminded of why I am committed to running for School Committee... for the children & for their futures. Their smiles provided the sunshine on the rainy day. I'm proud to live in Agawam and I'm proud to be running for School Committee to help these children keep on shining!

No comments:

Post a Comment