I AM an official School Committee member!

Upcoming Events



Upcoming Events:
January 11- School Committee Meeting, 7pm, Doering School
January 24- School Committee Meeting, 7pm, Doering School



Adding Comments

***When adding a comment, please comment as "Name/URL", then please enter your name (URL not needed).***

My Family

My Family

Monday, May 30, 2011

Announcing My Candidacy for School Committee


When I was little I used to dream about being a Mom. I couldn’t wait to join the PTO, be a Scout Leader and have my camera ready to take thousands of pictures of my children’s achievements. I am now a devoted wife and mother. We are blessed with three amazing sons. I grew up in Feeding Hills and graduated from Agawam High School. My husband and I made the choice to move our family back to Agawam because of the sense of community and the educational opportunities available in this town. My sons will be the third generation of my family to attend Clifford M. Granger Elementary School!

I am the President of the Granger School PTO, an elected member of the Granger School Council, a Den Leader of Agawam Pack 77 and a willing volunteer to support our children’s activities. As a graduate of Mount Holyoke College, I learned to speak up and to strongly advocate. I am running for a seat on the Agawam School Committee because I would like to strongly advocate for the children of this town. Education is an avenue to success and teachers are invaluable as mentors, creating lasting impressions on their students. I most certainly remember many of mine!

It is my hope to bring some creative ideas, enhance the communication and discussion and to ensure that the children of this and future generations receive the best educational opportunities that this town can provide.

I am a parent, not a politician. I “Put Children First” every day.

4 comments:

  1. Yeah Wendy! Can't wait for the adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The children of this town would be so fortunate to have you as an advocate for their education and enhancement of educational opportunities. Not only are you well-educated, strong-willed, well-spoken, and caring; but putting children first is what you do best! I heartily support your campaign for school committee because I also want the best for all our children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gary F. JanulewiczMay 31, 2011 at 7:06 AM

    I started my education experience on my mothers lap as she read to me. I learned to read and count with her. When I enrolled in first grade at the new Granger School, the Town of Agawam wanted to provide the best for the students from Feeding Hills. Later overcrowding had us attending ‘double sessions” while the new Agawam High School was being built. I entered that state of the art school as an eighth grader. Again the town saw fit to provide the very best for its students. There were no fees for athletics, band, or any extracurricular activity.
    After graduation from Agawam High School, a tour of duty with the U.S. Marine Corps, and attendance at North Adams State College, I became a teacher. My educational certifications have included Special Education teacher, School Psychologist, Special Education Administrator, and Physics Teacher. My more than thirty-seven years of teaching experience has included elementary, middle, and high school as well as Graduate level courses for educators as an adjunct professor through Salem State College.
    In addition I have served on the Bourne, Massachusetts school committee and served as chairperson of the successful proposition 2 ½ override committee that put an addition on the Bourne High School.
    Three years ago, I returned to Agawam after a 47 year absence. I have attended school committee meetings and followed the schools in the news. I firmly believe that, until now, the town has been providing a quality educational experience for its students. I have listened to the arguments for and against the current budget cuts.
    With considerable experience in education, I believe the students of Agawam need a strong representative in order to equitably relate their needs to the citizens of Agawam. Having heard her express her point of view on several occaisions, I believe that WENDY RUA is the person for that job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great adventure this will be!

    ReplyDelete